Is 87 pictures too many? I couldn't narrow it down. Isn't there some song out there that says, "It's my blooogggg and I'll
do what I want to, do what I want to.." oh wait?
Our beach trip this year was great. My heart wants to tell you about the perfectly perfect details of every day, but my head says..."way to exhausting," so I guess I'll let the pictures tell the story. I should mention that we stayed on the 4x4 beaches this year which was totally cool...very secluded and "beachy". Being with my whole family for the week, the people who "know" and love me was just what I thought it would be, slightly dysfunctional;) and totally amazing! Miss you guys already.
ps. all photo credits go to my mom (which shot every moment) and Brent. thanks you guys.
We planned to leave at 7:00am...actual leave time 9:30am. distance to outer banks, approx 7 hours. Took us just over 10. seriously?
Justin's birthday was travel day (bummer) we celebrated with blueberry muffins.
This is what it looked like when we got to the 4x4 access area that night. It was dark and scary. hurricane Bill was blowing in full force at this point, and the waves looked as though they may engulf our car. none of us let enough air out of our tires (dad) and it was like a buckin' bronco ride going in; definitely some of my favorite memories of the trip:)
Maddie and Grandma shared a room. M was so excited to sleep on the top bunk; it's all she talked about for weeks. Too bad it only lasted till the lights went out.
The 4x4 beaches are known for their wild horses. We of course didn't think that we'd actually see any, and Andrea was hoping we didn't. She was grossed out by the thought of sharing beaches with "horses and their poop." Turns out though that they were everywhere, and ironically Andrea couldn't stop chasing them.
Brent did a photo shoot one evening (Brent and the tripod I should say) .
Is this kid seriously cute or what.?
Maddex and Brody became best buds on this trip. It was so cute watching them "work" so hard in the sand. Played together, cried together, slept together...but most importantly...occupied each other.
Whoa G.Q
I love the look on my dad's face in this picture...doesn't it totally say "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I already raised my kids."
We ate so much on this trip. We went out one evening, and the other nights couple's took turns cooking a big meal for everyone. I'll just put it this way, if you are what you eat "I'm a big fat
ho-ho...three packs a day I kid you not! (best two pounds gained of my life).
One of my favorite things to do on vacation...read magazines and stare at the ocean. what's better?
Umm, what's wrong with this picture?
This may very well be the ugliest photo ever documented on this blog of me, but look at all those freckles...i have kids and i get freckles..what's up with that? good thing they've grown on me.
Apparently we're still 15; I loved being 15 though, didn't you?
Tanner's first time playing frisbee. what? turns out he's a natural.
I tried to teach maddie how to boogie board and she was doing great, until the first time she got rolled by a wave. The rest of the trip she pretty much pulled the boogie board around like an accesory. hey, may as well look the part right?
I love this picture of Justin, we have one at home when he was about six that looks identical. I guess it just proves that some things never change.
Mom and dad always go to so much work to make our vacations special. I seriously don't know how I lucked out with these parent's, but i'm talking JACKPOT here people. (love you guys).
Until next year OBX...








8 comments:
A.DOR.A.BLE. Like ... I can't even tell you which picture/memory I loved the most. I love them all! So glad all of you got to vacay together and spend tons of time at the beach!
So apparently 87 pictures is too many,,,my computer kept kicking me off your page while i was trying to look at the pics...grrr.
anyway, it looks like y'all had sooo much fun! I love the pic of you and Maddie, so cute!
Have you gotten used to the mundane again? i hate coming home from vacation...boo!
ah, what a fun time... i cant wait to go back. that was such a great family vacation. looking at the pictures makes me laugh so hard... and miss you guys even more.
Hi Shauna, it's been so long...what about that girls trip?! Come on out to Vegas and we'll take you all to San Diego or Huntington Beach. Anyways...your trip to OBX looked like a lot of fun. And it's so beautiful there. Hope you are doing well. Love and Miss you guys.
I agree with Coty . . . kept kicking me off too. But enjoyed the pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast. I am so ready for a vacation , but then again I always am!
So I totally tried to leave a comment a few days ago, but kept getting kicked off. Let's try this again.
I LOVE all the pictures of your ridiculously gorgeous family frolicking on the beach. It almost made me regret NOT going for OBX II this year. But then I remembered, I'm NOT going with my family, and I'm NOT ridiculously gorseous, sigh, and so I live vicariously through you. Glad you had such a great time!
these are AWESOME! there was not a single pic in this lineup that you shouldn't have included. PERFECT! and of course your family is gorgeous, as always. just like you. love, love, LOVE! xoxo.
looks like it was yet again another wonderful vacay with the family at OBX - thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics of all the lovely memories you guys made :-)
shauna- i must say you are in AWESOME shape and look like one hot momma in your bathing suit, you go girl!
Post a Comment