Sunday, July 26, 2009

Princess tutu + camping + fishing = Maddie's 4!



The princess awakens (at great grandma's house)

We read a favorite book that talks about a pig who gets a tutu and ballet slippers for her birthday. Maddie always comments the whole way through the book how she "wishes she could have a ballerina outfit and slippers;" this time, mom didn't disappoint.

Then the princess pig gives a birthday performance in her new digs...and so did maddie; a very very long one in fact.


Need I say more.



lots of family.

tada...presenting my very first princess cake. pretty good eh'?

Maddie had been asking for a "princess cake" for weeks...I'm normally a cupcake kinda mom, but I have to admit, it was all worth it when she saw the cake for the first time.



Auntie Andrea was there for the whole party via iCHAT.

Maddie got lots of great gifts from everyone (thank you); among her favorite was a new fishing rod and tackle box from pappy dave.

We went camping that evening, grilled dogs, ate smores, and chatted around the fire. The kids ran on to some pretty cool things.

use your imagination. brent sure did.



The next day it was four-wheeler riding, fishing, and swimming. What could be better!





reeling in a big one...


Princess Maddie turned four with a bang (as is always the case when you're born on the Fourth of July)! It was a great party with all the things she loves; I hope making her
happy is always this easy.

When Maddie was born Brent made a picture for her room, a Brian Andreas quote that reads,
"The Moment her laughter unfurled it's wings in the wind,
we knew that the world would never be the same."

...and it hasn't been. Happy Birthday Princess.

9 comments:

Ah Loe said...

It looked like so much fun! Aren't birthday cakes fun to make! Loved the tutu!

Coty said...

Oh that is sooo precious.
I loved it all.
Happy Birthday Miss Maddie.

Good job on the cake mama!

Joel and Chelsey said...

Awwww..I want to be a birthday princess! Looks like a lot of fun--so I hope you are letting Maddie fully believe that everyone in America is celebrating her birth. This girl will have self-esteem like nobody's business!

Joe and Melody said...

Oh my goodness ... Happy BDAY Maddie! And Shauna ... awesome bday. Cutest invite. Awesome ballerina attire. And love the princess cake.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Shauna, I read this entry and looked at all the pictures and now I am crying. It seems like yesterday we were riding four-wheelers through the field working on our bug collections. I miss being little and I miss you. Love ya!

Summer said...

love that andrea was able to join in via iChat and i am totally impressed by the cake - nice job! that quote is beautiful, thank you for sharing :-)

Kathy's Boys said...

Wow, you and Andrea could have such an awesome Events and Party Planning Business! Your invitations are so cute, Maddie looks darling in her Tutu, (and Brody in his car seat!) and the fishing and smores sound fun too. You are a gret mom.

Tanner and Andrea said...

you should have gotten an award for that cake. wow. and that's all i have to say about that. those are quite the invitations... if i must say so myself. :)
i am so glad i could be there for the party- i wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else! it really meant the world.

Tanner and Andrea said...

oh, and maddex would NEVER of sat there in that car seat like that... cracks me up. they are so opposite.