Monday, April 13, 2009

Can you hear me now?

After 2  solid months of ear infections...and a whole lotta fussin'...  Brody had surgery last week to have tubes put in his ears.  He did great and handled everything like a trooper. The doctor told us that he had so much fluid and mucus (gross) in his ears that he probably couldn't hear much the last couple months (sadly, he's likely gonna prefer that when he gets a load of Maddie's decibal range these days).


They let me go back and hold him while they put him to sleep. He did great... and I was pretty pleased with myself for not completely loosing control and having to be carried out in a white jacket; not fun to say the least. 
- Later that evening. Maddie didn't waste any time getting him acclimated again. Trust me, those tubes must be in there good is all I have to say...

9 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

ah, my little man... i bet he could still hear his auntie- that is why i talk so HIGH pitch.. :) yah, im pretty sure i would have lost it when put him to sleep... he sure does look happy though- but then when i think about it... when ISN't BRoDy hAppY??

Coty said...

Yay! Everything is all better now! Is he sleeping through the night now?
I'll write just a soon as I get the chance.
And I like the new family pic. My Easter pics aren't loading for some reason??? bah!

Kathy's Boys said...

Oh that is so sad...I hope he is feeling good and hearing perfectly soon!! Those are some cute pictures, though! Can't wait to see you all again. When are you coming out?

Kathy's Boys said...

P.S. just noticed the darling new family photo! I love little Easter hats!! I always had one and a new Easter dress when I was little too! I always wanted a girl to dress like that too! Love it!

Joel and Chelsey said...

That picture of Brody in the little hospital gown...Oh my gosh! I am tearing up just thinking about it. I really am proud of you. Lauren had her stint in the ER about this age, it was aweful! It was so cute watching your mom with him on Sunday during RS. Thanks again for your song--it was beautiful! TTYL

Ah Loe said...

Both of my girls had tubes. When we brought Sinalei home we were singing I am a Child of God and she sat there as if never hearing the song before. I guess I didn't realize how much she wastn't hearing before tubes. Glad it went well, and hope it helps him!

Joe and Melody said...

Ahh, that makes my heart sad. Poor little B-man. But I'm so glad that he's doing just fine now! Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

When Norah got tubes I know it helped her! That is when she finally gained some weight! It was like for once it didn't hurt to chew from the infections. Yahoo for tubes....

noelle said...

oh, sad! i hate the words surgery and babies together. :( glad he's doing better now, though.