Thursday, December 18, 2008

B-Man


My sister constantly harasses me about not devoting more "post time" to the B-man. I've tried to justify and explain, that unlike her, I don't still have "one-child syndrome" and that even though the second childs' growths and achievements are important... they aren't new, and you sometimes forget to acknowledge them. However, after reading your comments from my post yesterday and realizing that no one had seen pics of Brody in a while, or could believe how big he'd gotten... I've decided to change my ways, be a better mom and get on the ball with more pics and details about the little man of the house. 

"Ahhh Brody...  If  I knew every baby would be like Brody I'd have 10 more (totally an exaggeration). He is honestly the sweetest, mildest tempered baby alive. Every inch of his cherub like little body is just perfect (except for his slightly flat head; minor detail). 

He currently weighs about 23 pounds and is super tall. He has 3 teeth... two on the bottom and one on top. People say he looks like Brent but (luckily..lol) he honestly favors my dad's side of the family, and even has my brother's beautiful strawberry hair.   He is crawling now...fast, and walks along furniture and anything else he can pull himself up on; total genius we tell ourselves. He eats baby food well, but still prefers momma's good milk to anything else. I think I'll cry the day I stop breastfeeding him. He loves being close...and so...I love it too.  

As you can tell from his pics, he's as "happy as a clam," and smiles 99% of the day, only crying when his sister is harassing him. He's become like Pavlov's dog in that way...cries or squeals out in pain when she even gets close; poor thing, even he realizes her capacity for destruction. 
I continue to be hopeful that someday they will be the best of friends. 

I LOVE him; he makes me enjoy being a mother. I still look forward to when he wakes in the night just so I can hold him, love him, and sink my lips into those perfect, round, chubby cheeks one last time. Here's some pics we've taken recently. Isn't he just a sweetheart! 












4 comments:

Coty said...

Ahhh, now that's more like it.
He's SO cute.
We called Samuel our little cherub too...he had the most perfect little head of blonde curls and rosey cheeks.
Yeah, I've seen pics of your Dad and you guys look alot alike too; so in a very manly sort of way (of course) brody favors you!!! cool huh!

Joe and Melody said...

Oh my goodness. I totally started to tear up reading this. Maybe it's just because it's the holidays and I'm an emotional wreck these days. But I could just feel the love you have for the B-man in your words. I loved this post!

Becca said...

Now that you mention it, he does look like Justin to me.

Joel and Chelsey said...

Brody is SO cute! I don't know if Annette told you, but Claire was totally bustin' a move on him in RS, and he wasn't complaining either! I think we may have a love connection!