Monday, January 23, 2012

The great tree hunt

Warning: Obviously I'm really behind. For journaling purposes, you're gonna have to bear with me while i catch up; sorry bout that. Rewind to December 2 please;) Everyone ready to re-live Christmas? bleh. 

Tree hunt day is up there with my top three favorite days of the year. For me, it ofically kicks off the Christmas season. Even oozing-goozing pink eye didn't deter us from getting out and having a good time.  After five years, we can call it our longest standing family tradition. The parade, hot chocolate and one amazing tree farm, made it an unforgettable day. I love this first picture of Maddie eagerly awaiting the parade with candy bag ready in hand, and one foot forward to race and get it. I'm happy that someday, a long time from now when i see these pictures, i'll be able to remember the excitement of this day and this Christmas season. It was a calm and peaceful December leading up up to Christmas for our family. As part of an experiment of sorts, I didn't go to any stores (thank you amazon) and tried to cut out the unnecessary and unimportant. The result was good, meaningful and peaceful. 

love the colors of this parade

can i be a professional hula-hooper when i grow up?

in case you begin to wonder whey i'm wearing my glasses in EVERY single picture this day. it's because i look like the one-eyed-purple-people-eater without them. pink eye is no fun. 
check out Marley's eye, looking worse by the minute:-/

story time after the parade
the tree farm. if it looks overwhelming... it's because it is. 


me and my girls. 
hide-n-seek in the trees



we walked around the whole place about 14 times. which is exactly 13 times more than Brent thought was necessary.  

but in the end, it was worth. we found the perfect tree!!!

this year i got an ornament for everyone, of their biggest interest of the year. B-Mickey mouse...Maddie- princesses..Brent- a tent...and me the OBX. Mar got her first baby ornament, which isn't pictured because i actually forgot that she was part of the family when i was buying the rest. oops. 
my sister-in-law and i made these snow globes this year. probably my favorite craft ever. 

3 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

lol- after we just had our converstation. ;)
i guess i'll be the first to say... your pictures are always SO awesome. i love all the small town holiday traditions. it all looks so fun, especially the tree cutting down! jealous.
and yes, pink eye is no fun- thanks for giving it to us. ;)
jk.
love ya

Jennie said...

I just laughed when I thought about Brent and a Christmas tree farm. If I remember correctly he used to work at one, and bragged about tanning his rear end with plummer pants the whole time. Maybe I'm totally inventing things. My memory stinks with too many pregnancies...

The Denning 6 said...

Hi Shaun!! I loved all of your pictures! What a fun time picking a tree is...we love that time of year as well...the kids make it so much fun. Thank goodness for all of them:) Miss and love you lots!