Monday, October 24, 2011
no sweeter sound
is there any sweeter sound on earth than the laughter of your babies?
i walked with the kids to the park the other night. me pushing the stroller, them on their bikes. it was a gorgeous fall evening. i sat there holding the baby as i watched the other two run and play. i looked into the sun and closed my eyes as it was going down, so i could feel it on my face until it slipped behind the trees. eyes still closed i listened to the kids giggle and chatter and play. i heard them climbing on the jungle gym. i felt the baby tight against my chest... tiny cheek pressed to mine. i took a couple purposeful deep breaths, trying to inhale the moment. i thought about life, and choices and paths we take. about how time flies and how soon training wheels and jungle gyms and Friday evenings at the park would be a thing of the past. i thought about how much i love and enjoy being a mother and how completely content i feel. peaceful and happy with my my role. then there were tears of gratitude for my children, and this simple but amazing life we share. and thankfullness to a loving Father in Heaven for watching over, and blessing me all my life so that i could be living in that very moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Adorable video. Joe & I could not stop laughing ... especially when she would just roll over effortlessly completely giving into the laughter. And the post is beautiful. You're a great mom and I'm so happy that you got to experience that moment in time.
I loved this video of Marley laughing! I listened to your heart as I read your experience at the park... I feel your peace. I know you made a big decision that day ... and am relieved that you have settlement in your heart. I will miss you dearly. I valued our time together..I hold the friendship we created as dear to my heart. Our playground has changed but I do plan on still having play dates! Love you dearly.
kelly, that was so sweet. i sure will miss you too. i can't believe i'm not coming back; it feels weird to close the door after almost 10 years. i do have peace though, it was the right decision for now. we will simply have to make time for each other though... and i mean it. also, you're gonna have to keep me up on all the 1 west drama, i'm sure there will be some;) please give Dr. Wagner a big kiss on the cheek for me, and do my model walk for him every once in a while. i will miss him:( stay in touch. love ya
Shaun, you are so awesome! I love those caramel apples!!! They look divine!! You are such a great mom Shaun...I enjoy so much when you write from your heart...it makes me teary:) Can't wait to see you again!
Love you lots!
Jen
Post a Comment