Thursday, March 3, 2011

one week


Things I had forgotten...but remembered in this one week:
the human body is amazing
the smell of baby breath is intoxicating
boobs are necessary and important
little parts are tougher than you think
baby= boss
sleep is overrated
everything else can wait
just like riding a bike; it all comes back
sometimes you do cry over "spilled milk"
the hearts capacity to love is endless
breastfeeding makes you feel like a hero
help is nice
small accomplishments are what it's all about
loving your baby is the easiest thing in the world to do
even ugly faces are cute
being pregnant for 9 months is a small price
belly fat is a weird thing
two-year olds are huge; five-year olds are adults
singing off key to your baby at 3am is better than not singing at all
a newborn in your home is special; more than special; divine
routines make a happy home
husbands do a lot; mine is the greatest
other people's cooking tastes better than my own
showering is a luxury
bald is beautiful
there is no skin softer
the show goes on
being a mother is the greatest blessing in the world

When everyone is asleep at night I lay there for hours with her in my arms soaking in every last feeling and smell and breath. I hate for the days to pass, because it saddens me to see her grow and change. Already I'm in love beyond what I even imagined possible.
Thank you for choosing me Miss Marley Grey...I love you.
-your momma



13 comments:

Coty said...

Oh baby. So precious.
Loved this post. As I leave you this comment, my "baby" is jibber-jabbering and telling me she wants "more-more" ... They grow so fast; too fast. Keep soaking it up Shaun.



Love ya.

Tanner and Andrea said...

she is such a beautiful baby. i want to hold her so bad.
i can't believe she is a week old already. crazy.

Becca said...

thanks for the reminder. nine months and 1 or 2 or 3 or more days is worth it. I can't wait. send me labor vibes.

Airyele Rounds said...

gosh, I"m going to CCRRYYY! This is so sweet. :)
"LOVE IT"

Joe and Melody said...

Love the pictures, Shauna. Now I know what I have to get first when I'm pregnant ... a really nice camera. (wink) And did you realize that you had girl, boy, girl ... just like your mom. I mean I'm sure you realized that but I'm just getting around to it. LOL. I think that's neat. I love these Baby Marley posts.

Tiffany said...

That was so sweet . . . brought tears to my eyes. You forget how tiny newborns are. Enjoy it they grow to fast

Anonymous said...

I miss little babies so much!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Hey, I got your message on my blog. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know those paint colors, I am just getting ready to paint our bedroom, again!

Anyway, I hope all is well, the baby is beautiful and I love the name Marley!

Stay sane.

The Denning 6 said...

Shauna, Oh how I love to read how you blog..this last post was so heartfelt and I loved every line of it. It took me back to when Coby was born:( It goes by so fast! Being a mom is truley amazing! you are a great one!!
Love you! Jen

noelle said...

sweet, sweet baby girl!!! for some reason i haven't been able to comment on your blog... hope this works. love you and your beautiful brand new little one! hope you're doing well, shaun. you're such a beautiful mama.

noelle said...

oh hooray! it worked!!! love ya!

The Cramer Crew said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see her! Love you guys!

Missy said...

SO AMAZING!!! I love all the up close shots...mental note for our next! SO happy for you and your family!